Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku stick remote control is draining batteries

Jump to solution

Hey,

We have been having the same issue ( batteries draining) we have to replace them every week!! I am using the HDMI extender though. That hasn’t resolved the issue. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

@basmith302 wrote:

HILARIOUS. There is absolutely no obvious way to send what is clearly some sort of BOT called "Danny" a PM. I don't see it anywhere. "Danny" has yet to offer any help or resolve anything. He clearly is not a person. He never helps. Only says, "Give me all your information and I can help". Come on people. It's not a real person. He never helps. There is no "PM" Its all just your usual China BS. Here is what I would send in a PM if that was actually a thing.

It's pretty freakin obvious that "Danny" is a BOT of some sort that trolls around the interwebs and actually does nothing, not a real person. AND.....it's also obvious that your product sucks. It genuinely eats fresh batteries of ANY brand in less than 7 days. I don't even have a voice remote. Just a cheap roku 3720X stick with the basic free remote. I will play your game and give you my email and my serial number of ONE but not all of my devices so your BOT can enter it in some database. They all use fresh batteries in less than a week. What is funny is they are in a garage that is only used from Friday night to Sunday evening. It is totally turned off from Sunday evening all the way to Friday evening and still uses a fresh set of batteries in a week. Obviously, on a stick, there is no "home screen". When the TV is off, the stick is off so that is clearly a BS solution. Somehow, your **bleep** remote spends all week trying to do something??????????? Who knows what. Every Friday when I come out, the remote is dead and I have to replace the batteries.

Oh how wrong your are.   Danny contacted me and had me contact Roku Support.  I actually came here to write a thank you.  I received 3(that's THREE) new Remotes today in the mail.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Roku remote batteries don’t last

Jump to solution

Who do I contact about batteries draining so fast

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

You’re right. They won’t help you. “Danny” Told me that my nearly new remote was out dated and that’s the cause for battery drainage.  Meanwhile I have tv remotes that are 10 years old and work excellently.  No help from Danny at Roku!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Remote batteries for ROKU Model 3810X keep dying

Jump to solution

Hello I am having to take out the batteries from my Roku remote after watching TV, because if left in the remote they will be dead within two days.  This was not happening when I first purchased the stick, but only started happening after we purchased a TCL Roku TV.  Not sure if that is a coincidence, but its been happening for the past 6 months, is there a fix for this?  I have read on some posts it may be due to both Roku devices fighting for same signal on router.  Help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Enhanced Remote is draining batteries

Jump to solution

I’ve been having to change the batteries on my streaming stick Roku remote daily. It’s not the private listening kind and I have only had it a few months

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku remote batteries don’t last

Jump to solution

We are having the same issue. Our Roku remote has burned through a ridiculous number of batteries all of the sudden - like 10 batteries in 8 weeks. I've even tried different battery brands.

We use it quite a bit but in general it is about the same usage as before and all of the sudden the remote is just burning through batteries. What is happening?! It's driving me nuts.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@SHKAR123 @sirkurn @Dani3 @sarasan @idvv1905 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku response to excessive battery usage

Jump to solution

Instead of advising everyone that you will contact them, why isnt something posted for the community to see..? Are the Premier remotes defective? Is there a fix for the excessive battery usage? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

How about Roku developes a charging dock for the remote so it doesn't need batteries? and we all get a 50% discount for our troubles? Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos