Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Ultra - CEC and Battery Drain

Jump to solution

Owned an Ultra for about a year and the amount of batteries replaced in the remote is horrendous. 

Also tried using the CEC option my TV provides, but the Roku will not allow the TV's remote to control the device. I've tested the CEC on FireSticks, and it works perfect.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Roku Ultra - CEC and Battery Drain

Jump to solution

I don't know anything about CEC, but PM @RokuDanny-R and give him your Roku S/N and tell him your remote is eating batteries.  This appears to be a problem with many remotes and the only way to fix it is to get a new remote.

Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

The only model of roku to allow a tv remote to control it was the original roku stick model 3400. It had to because it didn't come with remote of its own.

Just switch to a universal remote, something like One-For-All urc-7935 streamer:P1010420 (800x600).jpg

Works great on roku, its also learning remote, they go $10 on ebay. It takes 4 AAA batteries, they last along time. 

Edmund
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@RoqueB 

Thanks for the post.

As @renojim mentioned, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku stick remote control is draining batteries

Jump to solution

@Ola008 @Cdub75 

Thanks for the information.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My batteries die in 2 DAYS Not weeks!

Jump to solution

Can I also send you a PM with my Roku Account address / Model # / etc.  Please advise.  Hot batteries seem to have burned my remote up entirely...

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Remotes batteries die in 2 weeks

Jump to solution

Me too bruh....

I feel ya, I've been just buying batteries for and keeping a box next to my chair for two years!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Remotes batteries die in 2 weeks

Jump to solution

I'm now using the Roku app on my phone as a remote and also strangely my remote is suddenly working again. Might be wise to check if the batteries are truly drained by putting them in another device to confirm as it might be the remote itself and not the batteries.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Enhanced Remote is draining batteries

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue. I have 3 other Roku remotes that do not have this issue. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Enhanced Remote is draining batteries

Jump to solution

@06jo @MR_411Cruise 

Thanks for the information.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos