Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Roku stick remote control is draining batteries

Jump to solution

@Ola008 wrote:

Having the same problem with remote draining battery and did a factory reset and now the remote doesn't work with new batteries.

Factory reset puts the Roku back into just-out-of-the-box condition.  Have you re-paired the remote to the Roku unit?

1) Remove power from the Roku for a few seconds then plug back in.

2) Open the remote's battery compartment and bring remote near the Roku . Trying from across the room may not be good enough.

3) When Roku has booted back up, press and hold pairing button in remote battery compartment for 3 seconds or more - a quick push won't do it.

4) LED in battery compartment should start flashing and continue to blink until the pairing is complete.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

After putting in new batteries for the remote, it stops working for awhile it seems, but still having the problem with the remote draining new batteries in 4 to 5 hours.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Premiere+ Remote drains battery

Jump to solution

Roku Premier+ Remote Batteries last for about a day before replacing.  Tried resetting everything and re-pairing the remote but no luck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Ultra - CEC and Battery Drain

Jump to solution

Owned an Ultra for about a year and the amount of batteries replaced in the remote is horrendous. 

Also tried using the CEC option my TV provides, but the Roku will not allow the TV's remote to control the device. I've tested the CEC on FireSticks, and it works perfect.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Roku Ultra - CEC and Battery Drain

Jump to solution

I don't know anything about CEC, but PM @RokuDanny-R and give him your Roku S/N and tell him your remote is eating batteries.  This appears to be a problem with many remotes and the only way to fix it is to get a new remote.

Level 19

Jump to solution

The only model of roku to allow a tv remote to control it was the original roku stick model 3400. It had to because it didn't come with remote of its own.

Just switch to a universal remote, something like One-For-All urc-7935 streamer:P1010420 (800x600).jpg

Works great on roku, its also learning remote, they go $10 on ebay. It takes 4 AAA batteries, they last along time. 

Edmund
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@RoqueB 

Thanks for the post.

As @renojim mentioned, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Ola008 @Cdub75 

Thanks for the information.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My batteries die in 2 DAYS Not weeks!

Jump to solution

Can I also send you a PM with my Roku Account address / Model # / etc.  Please advise.  Hot batteries seem to have burned my remote up entirely...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Remotes batteries die in 2 weeks

Jump to solution

Me too bruh....

I feel ya, I've been just buying batteries for and keeping a box next to my chair for two years!

0 Kudos