Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Battery level indicator shows batteries are drained immediately after installing new batteries

Jump to solution

Is there a fix for my problem?

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku remote batteries don’t last

Jump to solution

@D2 @kag0457 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: My Roku Remote control eats up batteries too fast (less a week)

Jump to solution

I have Express+ unit (service IDS0122984yd3u} Eating batteries. [personal information removed] What can I do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: My Roku Remote control eats up batteries too fast (less a week)

Jump to solution

@wmyrle 

Thanks for the information. 

For future reference, we don't recommend posting personal information in a public place. As per my previous post, it's recommended that you send me that information in a PM.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Battery level indicator shows batteries are drained immediately after installing new batteries

Jump to solution

Never mind!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Battery life is extremely Poor, Why?

Jump to solution

Danny,

I’m having the same problem. Can you please help me? My remote is sku# 3226000437, model rc-al4. How can I dm you for help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku batteries dying within a week

Jump to solution

What is the solution to fix this problem?  I change batteries out every week, this is crazy.  I have a Model RC150 remote connecting to a 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+.  It's not the tv since my tv remove works fine and I haven't changed the batteries for that in over a year.

Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Ultra Remote Battery draining out in 10 hrs, tired of replacing everyday

Jump to solution

My Roku Ultra Remote Battery draining out in 10 hrs, tired of replacing everyday. Had used private listening option sometime in the past. How can I fix this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Roku Ultra Remote Battery draining out in 10 hrs, tired of replacing everyday

Jump to solution

@CedarSahoo 

If by private listening you mean the headphone jack in the remote, it sounds like it might have gotten some dirt in the connection that allows the headphone amplifier to remain on. That will absolutely drain the batteries quickly, but 10 hours sounds rather rapid for even that. 

Try plugging the ear buds in and out rapidly a few times, and see if anything dislodges. if that doesn't make any difference, then I believe the remote likely has a flaw. I have two Ultras, and the batteries last for many, many months when the headphones aren't used. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Bateries Last Just 1 week. Any solutionion?

Jump to solution

Hi,. Need a solution.  Bateries last just one week. The remote and the headset are draining the bateries. Thanks

0 Kudos