Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Roku remote draining batteries every week.

Jump to solution

I have been having this same  issue for awhile now too. It's gotten to the point where I don't even use the remote anymore, I just use my phone. I'd love to be able to use the remote again but I don't feel like spending tons of money on batteries.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

First question: does your remote have the headphone jack for private listening? If so, do you use it? If you do, leaving the headphones connected all the time will drain the batteries rapidly. That is because plugging in the headphones turns on an audio amp in the remote to power the headphones. Only plug the headphones in while actually using them.

If you do unplug them when not in use, something (bit of dirt) may be causing the amp to remain powered up all the time, again draining the batteries quickly.

If your remote doesn't have a headphone jack, look at all the buttons and make sure that something is causing a button to be pressed at all times. If none of these are an issue, then you may have a defective remote. I go many, many months with a set of batteries in my two Ultra remotes, and they are the WiFi Direct models that do use the batteries more than the IR only remotes. 

If you think you have a problem remote, send a private message to @RokuDanny-R with your Roku serial number. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Mark14 @imosch @mhutchison36 @Nan1234 @chrisofspades 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Remotes batteries die in 2 weeks

Jump to solution

Mine kills the batteries in a day! I cant afford this!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

How do I send a private message? I’ve never used this site before. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku remote draining batteries fast

Jump to solution

I have a Roku remote model RC-AL7 also drains batteries fast  I am replacing them every five days. The remote gets used daily and is always put on a countertop away from any other electronics when not in use.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Enhanced Remote is draining batteries

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem- batteries fail after a week or so.  Also the voice periodically cuts out and I need to pull out the speaker cable and put it back in. Given all of the similar problems I suspect there is a defect in the manufacture of the remote. Don

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Enhanced Remote is draining batteries

Jump to solution

I have never used a headset with my new roku enhanced remote I’ve had it less than a month and I’ve gone thru 6 batteries..... this is not normal my old roku the batteries lasted years! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

ultra remote is killing my battery life

Jump to solution

is this happening to anybody?

my remote is draining battery like crazy. i'm getting 3days at most!!!!

help please thx

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remotes batteries die in 2 weeks

Jump to solution

@DuckHouse @cham925 @Scout1 @azsunnie @miltk1 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post