Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Enhanced Remote is draining batteries

Jump to solution

@Chemistman60 I don’t use headphones with the remote and have never plugged any into it. I’ve also unplugged the main unit while the batteries were removed from the remote several times. It didn’t help.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Would be a great answer if three of my eight rokus that are draining and not using private listening at all!

So, definitely not an answer that will work for me.

@Chemistman60 wrote:

Here's what you do. You first take out the spent batteries from the remote. Next you unplug the power cord at the Roku device. Wait  10 seconds, then plug the power cord back in.  Next insert fresh new batteries, and they will now last 2-3 months like they're supposed to.  I have a Roku Ultra and I had the same problem with draining batteries.  I found instructions on how to properly replace the batteries.  Once you do this, you can keep the headphones plugged into the remote and it won't drain the batteries.  I then remembered this is how I first set up my Roku - I followed the instructions on the sequence of how to power up my device.  If you don't do this, you will hear a low static sound in the headphones - that means the remote is still on.  When I first connected my new Roku device, this is how I did it, and the batteries lasted at least 2 months.  When I didn't do this like the instructions said, the batteries would last a week, maybe 2 weeks at best.  Hope this helps. - Chemistryman60

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks for the detailed reply! I'll give this a shot and report back. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Indeed, my wife and I do use the phone app for private listening but it's not always convenient with our 8 month old who loves grabbing cell phones. In any case, we shouldn't have to do this. If the product genuinely has an issue Roku should be addressing it. 

Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku stick remote control is draining batteries

Jump to solution

@airsnoopyrd @Blasley07 @androidtanmay @Markdumond @faeroe @bdpopeye @scannerdarkly @Realfresh89 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that if you are using private listening, it will typically drain the battery on your remote faster than when not being used.

If you are not using private listening with your remote and are still experiencing issues with battery drain, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll see what I can do to further assist from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Enhanced Voice Remote eating batteries !

Jump to solution

@wvgary 

Thanks for the note.

We recommend when not using private listening that you unplug the headphones from your remote as plugging in headphones to the remote has been found to use the battery even when not in use.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Hi Danny, no I do not use private listening. Have sent you a DM with the details.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue.  Batteries requiring changes 2X a week!  No buttons stuck. I need an answer as well.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello

I am having the same problem, i do not use headsets never have, after 3 movies i have to replace the batteries this is so annoying and costly. The serial number is 3226000263 model RC-GR3 

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@WOOD40 @Vernel 

Thanks for the note. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos