Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku stick remote control is draining batteries

Jump to solution

@airsnoopyrd @Blasley07 @androidtanmay @Markdumond @faeroe @bdpopeye @scannerdarkly @Realfresh89 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that if you are using private listening, it will typically drain the battery on your remote faster than when not being used.

If you are not using private listening with your remote and are still experiencing issues with battery drain, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll see what I can do to further assist from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Enhanced Voice Remote eating batteries !

Jump to solution

@wvgary 

Thanks for the note.

We recommend when not using private listening that you unplug the headphones from your remote as plugging in headphones to the remote has been found to use the battery even when not in use.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Hi Danny, no I do not use private listening. Have sent you a DM with the details.

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Enhanced Remote is draining batteries

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue.  Batteries requiring changes 2X a week!  No buttons stuck. I need an answer as well.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello

I am having the same problem, i do not use headsets never have, after 3 movies i have to replace the batteries this is so annoying and costly. The serial number is 3226000263 model RC-GR3 

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@WOOD40 @Vernel 

Thanks for the note. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am amazed at how often I have to change batteries. 

Also when I turn off the tv roku is still playing. this helped me figure out why I have to keep searching back for where I left off in an episode because it continues to play. I now have to remove batteries from remote when not watching 

device ID KWA02E606258

SKU 4670R

LOT 2141018072

RU7035000040

Thank you 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have to take the batteries out after each use or else I'll be buying new batteries.  I haven't found any solutions. I don't use private listening. Can anyone help?

Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku Streaming + batteries do not last 24 hrs

Jump to solution

@Jetprop8

I've had multiple problems trying to pair a remote with rechargeable batteries (and even some alkaline batteries).  Try to pair with a new set of alkaline batteries.  Once paired, you may be able to switch back to the rechargeables.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

If PM means Private Message,  please tell me how to do that.  Sorry, but not experienced at this type of support communication yet.