Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

@Ricardo54 @lovelyday2 @mtnine 

Thanks for the note.

Whenever using your Roku, it's best to return to your Roku Home screen and exit the channel that you are watching, especially when using Private listening to avoid any battery drainage from your remote.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Batteries

Jump to solution

I have 4 different roku devices in 4 different locations of my house. The batteries don't last more than 2 or 3 weeks in any of ghe remotes. What is the remedy?

It's getting expensive. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Roku stick remote control is draining batteries

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

I am also facing a similar problem with my Roku Streaming Stick remote where i need to change batteries every week it is duracell/energizer or everr 2-3 days if they are regular batteries. This has been going for quite sometime now and i was trying to using the phone Roku app as an alternative but it is not very convenient all the time. Please help

Regards

Tanmay

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Remote battery

Jump to solution

I've a roku ultra model #4670X and it's been eating batteries alive for months! With duracell ultra's I get maybe two days. I started using rechargeables and they die in less than a day.  Please advise if there is anything that can be done here, I've been using roku's for years and never had this issue with my old roku 3 for example. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Enhanced Voice Remote eating batteries !

Jump to solution

My remotes work find UNLESS I leave a headset plugged into the remote overnight. Then the remote is dead by the following morning.

@moonman9 wrote:

I never use headphones.  The remote was working fine until a few weeks ago when it started going through batteries every other day. I have two other Rokus w/ remotes that do not exhibit this problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Enhanced Remote is draining batteries

Jump to solution

MI have two roku sticks. One remote drains the batteries the other does not. Both sticks are of similar age. I just stopped using the one that drains the batteries all the time. And now I use an old roku remote from the first roku stick that I had that fried itself. It works fine and does not drain batteries. I never used the headphone jack. Another solution is to use your phone as a remote. Free download on the google play store.

Highlighted
Level 7

So clearly there is a battery issue with ROKU Remotes and they plan to do nothing about it?

Jump to solution

I've searched the internet and read through the community posts here and it seems that there is a pervasive problem with ROKU remotes draining batteries very quickly.  Some say its a matter of days, while others a week or two.

I see new post after new post and some that even say there is a resolution, but I don't see any resolution, other than suggestions about an audio plug, however, this is not a universal solution.

I realize that these are relatively inexpensive items and the simplest answer is to buy another and hope, or just continue to consume through batteries, which adds up $$$ as well as environmentally.

I'd really like to see ROKU either simply admit there is a fundamental flaw and the remedy is simply to continue to buy batteries until its time to replace the remote.  Also, they ought to determine the cause and fix it in future releases.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Streaming Stick+ - Draining Batteries and Delayed Response Time

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Streaming Stick+ and its draining my batteries like crazy. In less than 48 hours its draining fresh batteries. I tried this 3 times, Duracell, Energizer and a random Alkaline brand. I'm on my 4th pair of AAA batteries and it's doing it again. It's seems to also go to sleep within less than 10 seconds of non use and then takes 15 to 30 seconds to "wake up." I can turn the volume up and down to the TV but to pause a show takes forever. Please help, I like the roku but it's become so frustrating. 

Roku Streaming Stick+

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Enhanced Remote is draining batteries

Jump to solution

Here's what you do. You first take out the spent batteries from the remote. Next you unplug the power cord at the Roku device. Wait  10 seconds, then plug the power cord back in.  Next insert fresh new batteries, and they will now last 2-3 months like they're supposed to.  I have a Roku Ultra and I had the same problem with draining batteries.  I found instructions on how to properly replace the batteries.  Once you do this, you can keep the headphones plugged into the remote and it won't drain the batteries.  I then remembered this is how I first set up my Roku - I followed the instructions on the sequence of how to power up my device.  If you don't do this, you will hear a low static sound in the headphones - that means the remote is still on.  When I first connected my new Roku device, this is how I did it, and the batteries lasted at least 2 months.  When I didn't do this like the instructions said, the batteries would last a week, maybe 2 weeks at best.  Hope this helps. - Chemistryman60

Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Roku Streaming Stick+ - Draining Batteries and Delayed Response Time

Jump to solution

@Realfresh89 

The only remedy is a new remote, you can wait for a moderator to see and set you up with  free replacement remote. If you want it sooner you can go to walmart in the universal remote aisle they sell the wifi roku remote  rc-al7r for $19.88.

Or get from amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Roku-RCAL7R-Voice-Remote-New/dp/B07WVFCKSS/ref=pd_rhf_sc_p_img_1?_encoding=UT...

Edmund
0 Kudos