Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Batteries

Jump to solution

My Roku enhanced remote  eats batteries. Either I need a fix or Roku can supply me batteries or better yet I switch to a firestick!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Enhanced Voice Remote eating batteries !

Jump to solution

But that has only helped you, we still have an out of warranty problem remote that has the problem.

[content removed]

Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Roku Enhanced Voice Remote eating batteries !

Jump to solution

Agreed, keep posting on my twitter link....It’s getting attention and making some posts to me and one other. KEEP at it, I’m out of warranty on all 8 of my and have three that are defective.

List your twitter handle and I’ll add you!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Draining batteries

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem with my remote

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku stick remote control is draining batteries

Jump to solution

Similar issue for me.

I have the RC127 remote and battery % goes down more than 10% in 24 hours with minimal use. I've had this issue for a long time, so I switched to another Roku I have,  and assumed the issue with the Roku Stick remote would somehow be fixed with a firmware update, but so far no luck.

Current remote fw version is 2.01.19.108.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@Jesuserm @Ricardo54 

Question for both of you: does your remote have a headphone jack, and if so are you using it? Some people use the headphone jack and leave the ear buds plugged in at all times. That will drain the batteries in a day or so, because plugging something into the jack turns the audio amplifier in the remote on, and that takes a lot of power.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Mine doesn't have the earphone jack, only the volume up/down and tv-power buttons.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@Ricardo54 wrote:

Mine doesn't have the earphone jack, only the volume up/down and tv-power buttons.

Just to be certain (although if you do have it you're obviously not using it), the remote jack would be on the opposite side of the remote from the volume buttons. No jack there? 

Anyway, since you obviously aren't using it, but if you do have the jack, it's possible the internal switch is stuck in the On position. As I said, if the audio amp is on full time the batteries drain quickly. That's why we need to know for sure if it's there. But it does sound like the remote might be defective, so would be worth contacting @RokuDanny-R via private message with your details. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

It does not have a headphone jack. It is just a standard remote

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@eadsg @Geist @JJ996 @Jesuserm 

Thanks for the note.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos