Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote battery

Jump to solution

@P_sh 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Enhanced Voice Remote eating batteries !

Jump to solution

First off, I want to how much I LOVE my Roku TV. Probably more than my kids. I don't have the remote with the headphone jack and I keep the battery companies in business...

I swear I think I went through two AAA batteries in one day, ahhhh!!!!

Why is that?

Thanks,

WmParse

@moonman9 wrote:

I never use headphones.  The remote was working fine until a few weeks ago when it started going through batteries every other day. I have two other Rokus w/ remotes that do not exhibit this problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Enhanced Voice Remote eating batteries !

Jump to solution

@Porkfang 

Thanks for the note.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. For a list of Roku TV manufacturers, visit our Community page here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Enhanced Remote is draining batteries

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:
@gister63

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing. 

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll have a member of our Support team assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny
[personal information removed]
I have three Roku devices but only two seem to drain the batteries. The serial numbers are YH0044978739 and YH00F7171815. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Robveda360 

Thanks for the note.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Ruku streaming stick batteries die after just a few days

Jump to solution

I have two roku streaming sticks. One is the basic model with no control of tv power and volume. That remote never needs new batteries. On another tv we have a streaming stick with the remote that does control tv power and volume. That remote has been needing new batteries every week or so. Is this a known defect? Can I do something to avoid this problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Changing batteries on enhanced remote weekly. How is this fixed? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am also having this problem with my remote.  It use to be fine, and recently, it's been every few days I'd have to replace the batteries!  Help?  Is there no other way to reset it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@PineDrive @ein_person 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing regarding remote battery drain.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have had the same issue since I bought this Roku a few months ago. I have to change my batteries at least every 2 weeks, and I never took the headphones out of the box. Has anyone had any success when communicating with the Roku Support Team?

0 Kudos