Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Enhanced Voice Remote eating batteries !

Jump to solution

I’m not using my remote for anything fancy. Just channels and volume. I’ve been changing batteries every other day for the past week. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

@drnmrs wrote:

I’m not using my remote for anything fancy. Just channels and volume. I’ve been changing batteries every other day for the past week. Any suggestions?

I go many months on the same batteries, and don't really have any suggestions as to why yours is using them so quickly. Overall it sounds like the remote is defective, most likely not powering the audio amp off when nothing is plugged in. Send @RokuDanny-R or @RokuTannerD a private message with your account email and device serial number and they can see if they can assist.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@drnmrs 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing regarding your remote batteries draining.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll happily be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Remote drains batteries

Jump to solution

My remote for roku express + drains batteries I have gone through 3 sets of batteries in a month. Can you help me understand why it is using batteries like that.

Thank you 

Jeff

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote drains batteries

Jump to solution

@Jeff65 

Thanks for letting me know about the issue that you are experiencing.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have had this problem since mine was new and put it down to buying a big box of rubbish batteries, but now that I am using Durecell plus it is still happening.

I contacted Roku two days ago and they are not interested in the problem and tell me it is out of warranty and as such 'Hard Luck' even though it has done it from new.

Model 3810X SN: E437AF958680

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra remote batteries drain on a daily basis

Jump to solution

SeriaL YNOOJO229615 is one tv...

Serial   YK009M190335

I bought both TVs at Christmas time...

[personal information removed]

The batteries drain every2 to 3 days.. I have used 2 packs of batteries

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I ended up replacing the remote with a new one and it seems to have solved the battery drain issue. I may have dropped the old remote one too many times. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Ultra remote batteries drain on a daily basis

Jump to solution

@MH1 

Thanks for the note.

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. For a list of TV manufacturer contact information, you can visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Remote battery

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I have a 3800 series Roku and the problem I have with it is that the remote eats up the battery so fast!!! I have to change the battery every week and sometimes even faster than that!!!

So I was wondering if anyone has a solution for this and see if I should replace the remote or they’re all like this?

Thanks,

0 Kudos