Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Enhanced Remote is draining batteries

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem. please advise. thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Remote Draining Batteries

Jump to solution

@Mace @scfortune 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing regarding your remote.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

[personal information removed]

Serial number: YH00CT133077

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Mace 

Thanks for the note.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I can't find System>About from Settings. Please advise. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@scfortune 

Thanks for the note.

You can find the serial number of the Roku device in Settings>System>About. If you are still unable to find the serial number, please provide me with the information that is on the device. Please send me a PM with this information along with your Roku account email address, I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

For anyone experiencing this issue the answer is something like. "A lot faster than any other batteries in any of my other remotes. Ever. In my life.

This is such a known issue, asking how fast is too fast just seems boneheaded. Sorry, but that's how I see it.

I wish someone with some authority would post the fix for this. I hate my Roku ultra remote so much!!! Argh!! I never even wanted to use the voice functionality (which many people are saying is the culprit responsible for the unreasonably fast battery drain.) I'd be so happy with just the most basic remote, if only it would not eat batteries so quickly and just "work" like any other remote I've ever used in my life.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Roku Ultra remote batteries drain on a daily basis

Jump to solution

I guess! But I'll never buy another Roku unless I see that they offer some kind of fix for these **bleep** remotes that gobble up batteries like Mr. Creosote.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Mine is also draining batteries..I have used an entire pack 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Premiere + remote drains battery

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have Premiere + (model 4630x) and the remote is draining a battery way too quickly. I use new Duracell batteries and it takes only about 10 days (max 2 weeks) before I have to replace them again.

Is there any solution for this problem, as I can see that many users are complaining about the same thing.

Just to mention that we are not using a headphone jack on the remote.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos