Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Bhavit
Level 7

Enhanced Remote - Won't go to Pairing mode

I have a Roku Premier + with an Enhanced Remote - pairing button and LED in the battery compartment.  I have replaced batteries with 6 different sets.

With some when I put in the battery the LED will quickly flash green and then stop.  With others nothing.

When I hold down the pair button, the LED doesn't change, I tried the reset, changing batteries and more.  These are all brand new batteries that I am using.

While I love Roku, the remote seems to be the worst part of this product.  Now I think I need to invest in a new remote for $29.99.  I think I'll just invest in another product for streaming.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

Re: Enhanced Remote - Won't go to Pairing mode

If you're not pairing it through the menu: settings> remote> pair remote>

Then try pairing with power unplugged from the roku, have the remote ready with battery door off, plug the roku in, when the roku starts bouncing start pressing and holding the pairing key, when the roku stops bouncing, release the pairing key for sec and start pressing again until you get confirmation its paired.

If you need a new remote you can get them at Walmart or Best Buy and Amazon for $19.88, its RC-AL7R remote.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Bhavit
Level 7

Thanks - did those a few times.  it may be dead.  I may just switch to fire tv.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

It uses the same type of remote wifi-direct as the roku. You have vudu library, no vudu app on fire stick. You have big amazon library of movies and tv, with fire stick both movies and tv are on one line intermixed with each other. Amazon Sticks suck.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Bhavit
Level 7

good to know. thanks.  

0 Kudos