Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Enhanced Remote - Strange Pairing Behaviour

"atc98092" wrote:
"a7x88" wrote:
Holy thread resurrection! Sorry been a while......

No Bueno on the channel 44 front - Still looking for a way to manually move it to 2.4g if anyone has any ideas?

Use a different SSID for 2.4  and 5 GHz radios and choose the 2.4 name for connection.  Smiley Very Happy

My issues not joining a 2.4 WiFi - it's that when it's connected via ethernet the remote doesn't work (it's trying to connect to the remote via 5ghz however it looks like my 5ghz HW has failed)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Update

Turns out my Roku wireless has now completely died Smiley Sad 

I can still use it with the ethernet connection and my phone but thats no real use for the kids.

We only have the streaming sticks in the UK which lack the ethernet port - is there any news on when a new "puck" will be coming? If not I may investigate the Nvidia Shield Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

@a7x88 sorry to hear your Roku streaming stick totally gave up its ghost on you... did you ever pick up a replacement of any variety?  I have a similar situation, or difficulty with the Roku Remote App for Android not working with my television.  I believe this to be due to the network setup which you also mentioned might be a factor in your instance, with multiple VLANs for network segmentation.

I have this TCL 55" CLASS P6-SERIES 4K UHD DOLBY VISION HDR ROKU SMART TV - 55P607, which came with this remote: 
Our Android phones, tablets, PCs, et cetera are on the primary/"main" device LAN subnet (10.0.0.0/24) and the Roku TV (as well as all other smart home/speakers, gaming consoles, Chromecast, IoT devices and so on) are segmented off onto their own "IoT" subnet (10.1.1.0/24) -- but i am unable to use the Roku Remote TV app to control my TCL set.  I've got mDNS properly enabled, as I am now able to sling content to my Chromecast, which is behind the same, aforementioned VLAN segmentation -- now dabbling with IGMP on my Edgerouter, but to no avail (yet).  Would be curious to hear any feedback or results you've encountered in your attempts along the way.
#1 mage.
0 Kudos