Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Enhanced Remote Personal shortcuts, do they work with the older 6th Gen Ultra 4660

Jump to solution

The Enhanced Remote with "Personal Shortcut" buttons are now available separately (Although only from Roku direct and with shipping fee making them nearly the cost of a complete new Ultra with remote). 
I have a 6th Gen Roku Ultra 4660, which came with the Voice Remote (without the Personal Shortcut buttons)  My remote volume buttons seem to keep resetting and not operating the TV volume unless I reprogram, so I thought I could get a new remote and this was the opportunity to upgrade. However the specification advises its for the 4670 7th gen Roku. 
If I get the "Enhanced" remote will the "Personal Shortcut" buttons work? Or is there a difference in the Ultra base unit too?
The Voice Remote is available from many sources at least $10 cheaper and without shipping cost, so before I pay twice the price for a new remote, does anyone know if it will actually offer the new Personal Shortcut function? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Enhanced Remote Personal shortcuts, do they work with the older 6th Gen Ultra 4660

Jump to solution

Yes, they will program with 4660 ultra, you do not need a 4670 ultra to program. I have a one programmed via 43 TCL Roku tv. And I tried it on 3921 premiere plus, it worked too. Programmed two different searches into the 1 & 2 keys with premiere plus, when re-pair it later to the roku tv it still remember the two searches I have programmed when it was last paired to the tv before, so the searches are memorized by the roku itself. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Enhanced Remote Personal shortcuts, do they work with the older 6th Gen Ultra 4660

Jump to solution

Yes, they will program with 4660 ultra, you do not need a 4670 ultra to program. I have a one programmed via 43 TCL Roku tv. And I tried it on 3921 premiere plus, it worked too. Programmed two different searches into the 1 & 2 keys with premiere plus, when re-pair it later to the roku tv it still remember the two searches I have programmed when it was last paired to the tv before, so the searches are memorized by the roku itself. 

Edmund

View solution in original post