Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keithdt
Level 8

Enhanced Remote Pairing Screen Just Spins

Remote on one of my 2 Roku Streaming Stick Plus quit working. Thought pairing it again might help. Light flashes inside remote and Enhanced Remote Pairing Screen comes up but never fully connects. Little circle just spins and spins then Pairing Screen flashes off and comes back on in repeating cycle over and over endlessly with little circle spinning whenever it is up. Tried unplugging several times, tried new batteries, even tried a different HDMI port but always the same result. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
renojim
Level 10

Re: Enhanced Remote Pairing Screen Just Spins

Turn off your WiFi or unplug your router during the pairing process and see if it helps.
0 Kudos
keithdt
Level 8

"renojim" wrote:
Turn off your WiFi or unplug your router during the pairing process and see if it helps.

Nope, turning off Wi-Fi doesn't change a thing. Same endless spinning. Guess I'll just have to use my Android tablet as a remote (not preferred) until Black Friday and buy a Fire Stick 4K (since I'm not about to pay $20 for a remote).
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 14

You say you have two stick +'s, unplug the other one, take its remote and try pairing to roku giving you trouble. This way you test a different remote without needing to purchase one, if it works, take remote supposedly not working and pair to other roku plus, just in case unplug the troubled one while pairing the second.
0 Kudos
Crawford
Level 7

My remote stops working constantly. I reset it still after few moments stops working.help
Community Manager
Community Manager

@keithdt
@Crawford 

Thanks for letting us know what you were seeing. Please try checking for a system update on your Roku devices in Settings>System>System update>Check now. 

If you're still having trouble with your remote, you can use the free Roku Mobile app as a secondary remote. See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/208755708-how-do-i-resolve-problems-with-my-roku-enhanced-point-any...

Please let us know if this helps resolve the issues you were running into. If not, please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number(s) of your Roku device from Settings>system>About. I'll follow up with you directly to continue assisting if need be. 

Cheers,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Jbh0007
Level 7

My stick+ keeps losing its pairing as well and will not re-pair.  The Roku screen remains frozen on whatever last screen it was on and the remote will do nothing but turn on the TV.  Going through all of the instructions on here for pairing does not work as the tv/ Roku just returns back to whatever ROKU was on before.  It’s really frustrating.

0 Kudos
keithdt
Level 8

I bought a Fire Stick!