Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snowyday
Channel Surfer

Re: Emerson TV 32" led, lcd, hdtv & Roku express+ 4k no volume or on/off help pls

3/16/22

Thank you all for responding. and suggestions.

I have tried all suggestions.

No luck. Last I tried making sure CEC was turned on.

Very furstated. Last TV was 28 yrs old and Roku Express+ 4K  worked fine on old TV.

Still unable to use one remote for newer TV .No volume, or on or off buttons. Voice command channel search works.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
snowyday
Channel Surfer

Re: Emerson TV 32" led, lcd, hdtv & Roku express+ 4k no volume or on/off help pls

hi, I do have 1 more questions.

Roku express+ 4 kwas used on old TV. Would that effect intsalling Roku on newer TV. I have tried factory reset. No luck.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

No, it wouldn't matter if it was used on an older tv model. What matters is than you could chose tv brands in the menu, unlike now where some like can';t chose a brand at all. 

So did you get a hold of younger person with cellphone hotspot? You can't rule everything out until you at least try a hotspot. Take it to a neighbors or friends house, try their internet just to program the tv brand in. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
snowyday
Channel Surfer

Hi, No younger hasnt been here this week. Next week.

If I took Roku to a neighbor house would I have to set up the roku on their TV.? Didnt understand what you were saying.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

No, just plug it in to their tv via hdmi input, the remote controls the roku without any trouble right? Just use it to connect to their internet. Now go to:

settings> remote & devices> remote> remote in USE> program tv> 

First try programming it for their tv if it works its a good chance you can reprogram it at your house using your internet. If not:

If you get tv brands available, and they don't have the same brand as yours, just select your brand try the first one, tell it yes. Take it back to your set, see if it works. Keep doing this skipping the first and subsequent codes that didn't work. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
fonegod

I used Curtis Mathis as my TV brand and worked!!

0 Kudos