Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DS61821
Channel Surfer

Earphones plugged into new Ultra remote and nothing happens

Jump to solution

I just received my new Roku Ultra and paired it and activated all apps. I plugged in the earphones to the remote and nothing happens. The sound on the screen continues and nothing comes through the earphones. What do I do? Do I Roku Ultra to Amazon and hope another one works? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DS61821
Channel Surfer

Re: Earphones plugged into new Ultra remote and nothing happens

Jump to solution

Thanks. Yes, I am using the earphones that came with Roku. I solved the issue by simply pairing the remote again. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@DS61821 

If you're up for some troubleshooting, use the Roku app on your smartphone (it's in Google Play Store and Apple App Store) to try listening via headphones. Does that work?

If not, there's probably something with the Roku device that's not quite right. If it does work, then it's likely the headphones.

As the connection is a mechanical one, inserting the headphone plug into the jack should close a physical contact. Ensure the headphones are indeed properly inserted. There should be two clicks to properly insert one.

And, just to be clear, you are using the earbuds that came with the Roku device, correct?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
DS61821
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks. Yes, I am using the earphones that came with Roku. I solved the issue by simply pairing the remote again. 

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@DS61821-

Thank you for reporting back.  I wish more people did that.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X