Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tiltmonster
Level 9

Re: Dueling remotes, Roku solution

Jump to solution

I did see plenty of Roku remotes for a price; that had different sponsor buttons. Was not sure if they were the same; but I have come to the realization by others, that the only solutions are; buying a new TV, or working the small TV in manual(for the TV functions). Once I get it on, I can Roku, if I need to from there; as the Roku features do separate. Far from perfect, but will have to live with it. Not really a Roku issue; but a lack of device features on major components; to mitigate this problem. Perhaps a lack of frequencies available, for all the diversity of products. Not quite smart enough, to be entirely sure; what it would take, to separate common brand devices. Perhaps multiple IR receivers, with different codes, or maybe just different chips or codes. In any case, Roku has helped solve the problem half way; not sure how or why exactly; but I have 3/4 separation, and about all I am thinking I will get. So, I will live with it. If I see one of these original remotes; that does not cost as much as the 2018 remote with Ultra Box, perhaps I can get a bit closer to full separation. Roku was part of the solution, but not the problem. Thank You!     

0 Kudos
Highlighted
tiltmonster
Level 9

Re: Dueling remotes, Roku solution

Jump to solution

This mess has transformed a bit over time; but getting closer to a Roku solution for this, that can work. The ALA4 and the AL2  "TV buttons", sure act different. My big TV is now working, and as long as I have it set the way I do, and bring Roku home on shut down; everything is separated from the other Vizio TV. One button brings system up(two presses of the Roku "TV on button"?) and one off. Brings it up, and shuts the entire deal down. Not sure why 2 presses, but only comes on, when pushed twice. The AL2 remote, "TV buttons" only; do not isolate at all(TVbuttons only duel). Are the "TV buttons" IR on one, and RF, or Wi-Fi on another perhaps? Or if they are both IR, are they getting different codes; when the music stops playing? They sure seem to act, like the ALA4 has its TV buttons assigned to a mac address, or are RF, and the AL2 "TV buttons" are acting like IR. Complete separation on the ALA4, no separation on the AL2, after multiple assigning attempts. Even with most settings off like CEC. This is not really a Roku problem per say; but more like a Roku solution in the works. I think the only thing left to try, is pairing the ALA4 with the small set-up; see if it separates the big set-up. Kinda afraid to lose what I got there. Right now I am thinking the TV buttons on Roku remotes may both be IR; and each time the music stops, a new code is tried? It sure acts like the ALA4 is RF, and the AL2 is IR; but I guess it could be IR codes for both, that the two TV's recognize different, and both remotes use IR only, for the TV buttons?? If that is the case; it is odd that I have done the TV button set up several times for both; and they still seem to act just the same. Perhaps if it is reloading the same codes; but I have had each roll through a couple attempts one time, then not the next. Odd for different codes to act so similar. Any ideas?  I don't see any model numbers(ALA4) on any of these remotes, if I did want to try an exact remote that came with my Ultra box. I don't see the same remote with the game buttons at all. Not saying that is my solution; but odd there are no model numbers; and blind have trouble seeing these items(only a thumb nail no zoom)? Maybe it is me; at least there are prices ; )     https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

0 Kudos