Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MzJanis845
Level 7

Dropped water on my remote!

Jump to solution

I put it in a bowl of rice immediately, but is that just an "old wives tale" or can it work to dry it out?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Dropped water on my remote!

Jump to solution

@MzJanis845 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If your remote went for a swim and doesn't want to work anymore, depending on the model device, you can purchase a replacement remote by visiting our Support page here: Player Accessories.

If your remote is for a Roku TV, you will need to contact your TV manufacturer for a replacement remote or you can purchase a Roku TV replacement remote. If your don't see your model device on our Player Accessories page, let us know what model device you have and we can do our best to assist you.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@MzJanis845 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If your remote went for a swim and doesn't want to work anymore, depending on the model device, you can purchase a replacement remote by visiting our Support page here: Player Accessories.

If your remote is for a Roku TV, you will need to contact your TV manufacturer for a replacement remote or you can purchase a Roku TV replacement remote. If your don't see your model device on our Player Accessories page, let us know what model device you have and we can do our best to assist you.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
MzJanis845
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the info. Looks like it might need replacing. Rice drew moisture out but still nothing works. I'll look into a new one. Cheers!

0 Kudos