Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TR4
Reel Rookie

Double Trouble - No Wi-Fi, remote won't work

Jump to solution

1) My Roku Stick+ stopped working.  TV could not see it.  Determined the power cable broke. Per on-line instructions tried a different (non-Roku) cable.  TV sees ROKU and will display main menu, but cannot see wi-fi network and remote won't pair/work.

I have watched videos, on-line help of all sorts, search info in the community.  I have tried everything to get the remote to work.  No go.

Meanwhile...

2) Went to order official "USB Power Cable with Long-range wi-fi receiver" from Roku and they are out of stock. No indication of when they will be in stock and no waiting list to get one.

QUESTIONS:

A) Is the remote not working/responding related to not being able to connect to the wi-fi?

B) I've check Amazon, they don't have the cable, is there an alternate source for it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Double Trouble - No Wi-Fi, remote won't work

Jump to solution

The remote and wifi internet both only communicate with long range wireless receiver cable, no oem cable no remote or internet, sorry. And no you can not buy it from aftermarket retailers. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

The remote and wifi internet both only communicate with long range wireless receiver cable, no oem cable no remote or internet, sorry. And no you can not buy it from aftermarket retailers. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
TR4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks. At least it confirms my suspicions. And, my Roku is useless until the cables come back in stock.

0 Kudos