Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mvm510
Level 7

Does the Roku Streambar Pro include the latest remote (Remote Voice Pro)?

I'm wondering if the Roku Streambar Pro includes the new remote that was just released (Remote Voice Pro)?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Does the Roku Streambar Pro include the latest remote (Remote Voice Pro)?

No, it comes with enhanced voice remote that takes batteries, not the pro. Sorry.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mvm510
Level 7

Thanks. 

What is the difference between the Remote Voice Pro, and the remote that comes with the Streambar Pro?

And I understand the desire to want to sell more product, but it seems like they should include the newer remote with the Streambar Pro, or at least give an option to choose the new remote for an additional amount. If the remote does offer more functionality, it seems a waste to get one remote in the box and then buy another to get that added functionality.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

The one that comes with streambar pro is larger and has a battery door for two AA batteries. The voice pro is lighter without a battery door, it also has hands free voice search. Where just talk to it by saying hey, Roku. The enhanced voice remote included with streambar pro you need to press a microphone key for voice search. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos