Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Does my ideal controller exist

I have tried looking for the past 4 months for a particular Roku remote for my Roku 3 I tried looking for a replacement controllers tried putting keywords in the description to no avail. So I'm Taking My Chances here.

The type of controller I'm looking for is a controller with the headphone jack since the oh so easy to use private listening app doesn't work on this model as well as a quick button for YouTube

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Does my ideal controller exist

My Roku 3 came with an RC20 remote.

The direct channel buttons were contracted for by the linked-to channels that were included on the remote.  There is no way to reprogram them.  Different combinations of channels were contracted for at different times, and in units manufactured for different retailers, like Walmart.  I don't know if YouTube was ever on one of the buttons.

If you want a new remote with the earphone jack, I think the only one currently available is the "Gaming remote" -- at least its description includes "private listening on your remote" and it does appear to have volume control buttons on the side.  Roku accessories page: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos