Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JuliT

Re: Does Roku offer a remote or upgrade that allows me to adjust my Sonos Soundbar Volume?

Jump to solution

Steve - I did this same thing and my playbar does recognize the signal.  However, if the remote isn’t pointed directly at the playbar it will register on the screen that volume is going up - but it actually isn’t.  We have to point the remote directly at the playbar for it to work.

Any ideas how to correct that?

0 Kudos
BCB60

Re: Does Roku offer a remote or upgrade that allows me to adjust my Sonos Soundbar Volume?

Jump to solution

I have the standard remote and tried this solution. Took a couple of time to run thru steps, but it did work.

thanks

0 Kudos
handywayne

Jump to solution

Used this procedure and it worked. Been searching for log time and everything I read said it can't be done. Great job on this post

0 Kudos
HGIxpress

Jump to solution

I have a TCL ROKU gen 6 TV with Sonos sound bar Ray but ROKU remote is not compatible.

I bought a Phillips converter that works but the remote is so big & bulky.

surely ROKU makes a remote that is compatible. That’s crazy is ROKU remote controls everything about the TV except the volume, does anyone know how to resolve?

tim

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

My TCL branded remote RC280/282 pairs and controls the volume of my Ray Soundbar. 

0 Kudos
sound_guy_Bill
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Because the TCL/Roku remote uses wi-fi only, and the original Sonos soundbar is generally controlled with an infrared signal, the solution I found that works is a 3rd party device called the "Sideclick". It is made to clip on to the Roku remote and it works great. It makes the remote about an inch wider, but it's worth it. Alternately, but less conveniently, the Sonos app (at least with an iPhone) can also control the soundbar volume, EQ, compression etc. (which is weird because the app uses your home network's wi-fi, and it still controls the volume-it must use a different type of signal or band than the Roku/TCL remote).  

0 Kudos
sound_guy_Bill
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Because the TCL/Roku remote uses wi-fi only, and the original Sonos soundbar is generally controlled with an infrared signal, the solution I found that works is a 3rd party device called the "Sideclick". It is made to clip on to the Roku remote and it works great. It makes the remote about an inch wider, but it's worth it. Alternately, but less conveniently, the Sonos app (at least with an iPhone) can also control the soundbar volume, EQ, compression etc. (which is weird because the app uses your home network's wi-fi, and it still controls the volume-it must use a different type of signal or band than the Roku/TCL remote).  

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@sound_guy_Bill 

The majority of Roku TV models come with IR only remotes, higher end models come with wifi remotes. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Kapbak
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku remote WILL control the Sonos Playbar volume as long as you have the Roku plugged into the ARC HDMI port on your TV, and sync the remote on the Sonos app. Most TVs manufactured over the last 5 or 6 years will have the ARC port.  

0 Kudos
hogy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

i have paired my roku voice remote pro (from streaming stick 4K+ (2021)) with my sonos beam sound bar.

the roku remote control volume button will only turn the volume up on my beam.  the remote  can’t lower the volume.  that’s my problem 

the pro remote mute button works on the beam.

0 Kudos