Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Does Roku offer a remote or upgrade that allows me to adjust my Sonos Soundbar Volume?

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I'm disappointed to find that my Roku Ultra remote can't be synced with my Sonos Soundbar. My Soundbar is the only device I use to provide me with TV audio. Does or will Roku offer a remote that allows for Sonos Soundbar volume control (or any soundbar make)?

If not, could there be a universal remote that can be synced with my Roku device, allowing me all functionality, same as the Roku Remote allowing for both TV power on/off and volume control?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Does Roku offer a remote or upgrade that allows me to adjust my Sonos Soundbar Volume?

Jump to solution

No, roku remotes only control tv volume. If you can get your tv controlling the volume of the soundbar via hdmi cec, then the roku remote will control the tv, which then controls your Sound bar. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Does Roku offer a remote or upgrade that allows me to adjust my Sonos Soundbar Volume?

Jump to solution

No, roku remotes only control tv volume. If you can get your tv controlling the volume of the soundbar via hdmi cec, then the roku remote will control the tv, which then controls your Sound bar. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Trying to figure out whether my TV volume control can somehow act as a master control for my Sonos soundbar and/or remain reliable, doesn't sound like a solution. 

I simply need to be able to purchase or exchange my existing Roku remote for Roku remote that allows a simple one touch sync with my Sonos Soundbar, like I'm able to do with all my other remotes.

Thanks,

Raz 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

Asked and answered, there's no roku remote that can be synced directly with any brand of AVR or soundbar.

If you can live with IR, no voice search, there's the very cheap but very good One-For-All urc-7935 streamer remote, it is one device remote that can control 3 types of device tv, streamer and soundbar. Its also a learning remote. You can find them on ebay for under $10.P1010420 (800x600).jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/One-For-All-Universal-Remote-Streaming-Control-3-Devices-URC7935/4019675605...

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Appreciate it! I'll give it a try.. 

To the Roku folks.. Please release a remote that allows for one touch syncing with the Sonos Soundbar. 

Thank You,

Raz  

0 Kudos