Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Razmo

Does Roku offer a remote or upgrade that allows me to adjust my Sonos Soundbar Volume?

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I'm disappointed to find that my Roku Ultra remote can't be synced with my Sonos Soundbar. My Soundbar is the only device I use to provide me with TV audio. Does or will Roku offer a remote that allows for Sonos Soundbar volume control (or any soundbar make)?

If not, could there be a universal remote that can be synced with my Roku device, allowing me all functionality, same as the Roku Remote allowing for both TV power on/off and volume control?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Does Roku offer a remote or upgrade that allows me to adjust my Sonos Soundbar Volume?

Jump to solution

No, roku remotes only control tv volume. If you can get your tv controlling the volume of the soundbar via hdmi cec, then the roku remote will control the tv, which then controls your Sound bar. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
44 REPLIES 44
Tivoburkee

Re: Does Roku offer a remote or upgrade that allows me to adjust my Sonos Soundbar Volume?

Jump to solution

No, roku remotes only control tv volume. If you can get your tv controlling the volume of the soundbar via hdmi cec, then the roku remote will control the tv, which then controls your Sound bar. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
Razmo

Jump to solution

Trying to figure out whether my TV volume control can somehow act as a master control for my Sonos soundbar and/or remain reliable, doesn't sound like a solution. 

I simply need to be able to purchase or exchange my existing Roku remote for Roku remote that allows a simple one touch sync with my Sonos Soundbar, like I'm able to do with all my other remotes.

Thanks,

Raz 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Asked and answered, there's no roku remote that can be synced directly with any brand of AVR or soundbar.

If you can live with IR, no voice search, there's the very cheap but very good One-For-All urc-7935 streamer remote, it is one device remote that can control 3 types of device tv, streamer and soundbar. Its also a learning remote. You can find them on ebay for under $10.P1010420 (800x600).jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/One-For-All-Universal-Remote-Streaming-Control-3-Devices-URC7935/4019675605...

Edmund

Razmo

Jump to solution

Appreciate it! I'll give it a try.. 

To the Roku folks.. Please release a remote that allows for one touch syncing with the Sonos Soundbar. 

Thank You,

Raz  

MelissaB
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

If your TV has multiple ARC ports, it will sync with your SONOS. 

Jump to solution

I agree Roku make an infrared remote or IR remote with headphones that pairs with a Sonos PLAYBAR!!!!!! It only has an optical out no HDMI! Know your business Roku! Know the systems your customers might pair with this system! Technology changes daily, but roku needs to keep up!

Steve_Br
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Razmo wrote:

Hello, 

I'm disappointed to find that my Roku Ultra remote can't be synced with my Sonos Soundbar. My Soundbar is the only device I use to provide me with TV audio. Does or will Roku offer a remote that allows for Sonos Soundbar volume control (or any soundbar make)?

If not, could there be a universal remote that can be synced with my Roku device, allowing me all functionality, same as the Roku Remote allowing for both TV power on/off and volume control?

Thanks

Not sure if you've reached a solution, but I wanted to share my experience today. I was also searching for how to get the Roku remote to control the Sonos Playbar. I got it to work pretty easily. 

Here's my setup:

Roku Ultra 4660X
Vizio V-series 58" 4k
Sonos Playbar with remote Sub and 2 Play-1's as rear surrounds (all in 5.1 config)

1. I disabled all speakers on my Vizio TV via TV settings.
  2. Made sure Roku connected to HDMI-1 (ARC) port
  3. Opened SONOS app on mobile phone
  4. Selected the room with the speakers I wanted to control
  5. Went into Settings, then "Remote Control Setup"
  6. Told it "Replace current remote", then "Continue"
  7.  Pressed "Volume Up" button on Roku Ultra remote
  8. SONOS noticed the signal and said it was complete. 
  9. Selected "Done"

It all works as I wanted. Hope this helps!

-Steve B. 

Jump to solution

I've been busting my chops on this question off and on for a couple of days.   The only problem is when I go through the above procedure and press the volume up button, the Playbar doesn't seem to see it.  

Can anyone see something obvious I'm doing wrong?   Kinda driving me nuts.

Thanks, Bruce

0 Kudos
Drmeyer21

Jump to solution

Do you need the Roku ultra for this to work?  I just have a “standard” roku streaming stick.

0 Kudos