Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elgrayso
Level 7

Does Roku TV (TCL) have less remote (button) options than Roku Ultra? (I use Harmony)

I had a Roku Ultra but now have the new TCL 65" (65r617) Roku TV. The interface is great, except for when setting up Harmony Companion, the remote did not find nearly as many "commands" available to control the Roku TV. For instance, when I had the Roku Ultra, I had  commands I assigned to a buttons for "Pandora" and "Plex"; these are not in the available commands for the Roku TV. 
Is the Roku TV just more limited than the Ultra when it comes to these, or am I missing something?

PS: I originally posted on the Harmony forums, but it appears that this is a question for the abilities of the Roku system itself

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
twiceover
Level 10

Re: Does Roku TV (TCL) have less remote (button) options than Roku Ultra? (I use Harmony)

You should be able to create those buttons.  The command is the same whether Ultra or TV.  Other than Power/Volume, the Roku IR commands are the same whether it is TV or Box.  I'd see if you can use a mix of commands from the two devices.
0 Kudos
elgrayso
Level 7

Re: Does Roku TV (TCL) have less remote (button) options than Roku Ultra? (I use Harmony)

The only commands I see it receiving are in a list. It is longer than this but it does not include Plex and Pandora etc. It seems like the Roku TV is not "sending" those as options. The harmony did receive them when I used the Ultra though. 
If the commands are the same and the Roku TV has that ability to receive them, how do you "trigger" one of those commands from a remote? Or let me know if you know where there is more information on this. Is there a code for different Roku commands, for example?

0 Kudos