Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlaskaJB

Does ROKU replace simple IR remote that is brand new and quit working while doing setup?

I have a brand new Roku Express 3930R that has a simple IR remote that quit working while entering info during setup. I have done all the troubleshooting steps and the phone camera test shows the IR is not working. Does Roku replace the simple IR remote that was purchased with the Roku Express package?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Does ROKU replace simple IR remote that is brand new and quit working while doing setup?

@AlaskaJB 

Where did you buy it? If you bought it locally from Walmart, Best Buy, Target, or one of the many retailers that carry Roku devices, you can simply return it to them.

If you bought it online from a retailer other than Roku (Amazon, etc) you can initiate a return through their process.

If you bought it from Roku, or are outside the return window of the retailer, you can use the Roku Returns page to initiate a return.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."