Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jex
Binge Watcher

Re: Do all Roku’s drain remote batteries so fast?

Months? I just said I can go years without having to replace my Xfinity XR11/15 batteries… As you can tell from this thread, you have a unique situation. A bunch of us here can’t go 2 weeks.

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@jex 

I read what you said. And multiple months is the normal life expectancy for batteries on a Roku remote. Same for Chromecast with Google TV. Same with Fire TV. Apple TV has a rechargeable remote, but months without recharging fits there too. So, months is normal for streaming device batteries.

I also say that my situation is not the unusual one. There are literally millions and millions of Roku users. If this was a common thing, the board would be overwhelmed. Poor battery life happens, but it's a very small percentage of users that have this issue.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@Rdm81563

Thanks for the reply!

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @Troberson47

Thanks for the post.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. You can check my post above to know where you can find it.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jex
Binge Watcher

I’m glad that you’re an ambassador for Roku but I have a jailbroken Firestick and an Apple TV, none of those remotes drain as fast as a Roku Streaming Stick+ does… you’re trippin’. To each their own! 

JLeeVP

I bought 2 streaming stick +, one remained boxed until June this year and the other has been in constant use for about a year. The newly installed device remote batteries last maybe 2 weeks(YHOOGO411024) with only occasional use while the other has been going strong with daily use and Iv'e changed batteries only once in 12 months.

nice3eleven
Reel Rookie

I have 2 soundbar pros that drain all the batteries in the remote in about a week. i use them everyday, but I never use the voice or headphone functions.

I called ROKU and they are sending me 2 remotes, but the representative did not have me convinced that this would fix the problem.

I have loved ROKU for years and thought i couldnt go wrong with their soundbar, so i paid the extra 
$.

This battery experience has been completely frustrating and expensive.. i do the math and it adds up to 100-200 AAA batteries i will have to buy over the course of 1 year.

They are sending me new remotes and i will post an update about how those did on battery usage.

I will say that I am not encouraged.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @JLeeVP

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jerrybake

I am also experiencing the same battery drain issue (3-4 days) for months but relied on my phone as a remote.  I have tried powering the Streaming Stick+ from both the wall converter and both USB ports on my TV with no change in battery life.

System info of my unit:

Model 3810X

Serial Number YH00HM353170

SW Version 10.0.0 build 4209-50

I would appreciate any help with resolving this issue.

Thank you.

Swoupy
Reel Rookie

Same issue w my Roku soundbar remote. Model RC-AL7