Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tony513
Level 7

Distance Range for Roku Express Remote

What is the distance range for the Roku Express remote to work? I have a regular size living room (10-12ft between couch and TV) but I have to stand close to the TV to get any response on the TV from the remote control.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Distance Range for Roku Express Remote

@Tony513 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that the Roku Express uses a. IR remote.

For more information on how to resolve issues with an IR remote, visit our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku IR (infrared) remote?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

With Express using a IR remote, it won't have tv controls at all. Only Roku's that use Wifi remotes will have tv controls. Of course the tv controls will be IR as well, if your tv is sensitive to IR commands, a roku remote's tv commands will probably have the same troubles.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

If your tv is sensitive to IR commands there might  be another way to control the tv volume, if you were to have roku with tv controls, pair the remote to roku, don't program the tv controls. Allow the Roku hdmi CEC to control the volume on the tv, IF your tv has HDMI CEC. This way its RF from the remote to roku, and hard wired to the tv, never using the tv IR senor.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos