Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Disable the BEEP on new Roku Ultra shorcut buttons?

What were you guys thinking?  Everytime I hit the 1 or 2 buttons a loud BEEP comes out of the remote.  Any way to disable this?

5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Disable the BEEP on new Roku Ultra shorcut buttons?

I really hope there is way. It's so terrible! It shouldn't make a sound. None of the other buttons do. 

Highlighted
Level 7

As a UX Designer, I am so annoyed with the beeping. It isn't consistent with any other part of the remote. 

Highlighted

I really hope we can 'make some noise' and get roku to take notice of this issue.

This is something that should be addressed. Their should *at least* be a setting to toggle the sound off.

Highlighted

Our roku recently got a system update. Looks like these awful beeps were disabled in that update.  If anyone else can confirm it it's been disabled for them as well. 

If you still have the beeps, check to see if you can download a system update in settings.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I just set up my Ultra today. I got the latest firmware, and the annoying beep on the remote when I set the shortcut button. That is one awful idea!!! Why the **bleep** do I want the remote to beep, wake up the dog, and then tell me out loud what it's doing?? I know what it's doing, I set it up! I could see maybe verbally confirming it the first time you set up or change a shortcut, but after that we should be able to disable it. Please!!!

0 Kudos