Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Model: 3931RW

TV: Phillips 

Issue ID 9C-192-968

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

please set your Roku Remote again for TV controls. Navigate to Settings > Remotes & Devices > Remotes > [select your remote] > Set up remote for TV control. For more information about this setup process, visit our FAQ here: https://support.roku.com/article/115013019828.

Thanks,
Danny

In my case, that's the problem, navigating to "set up remote for TV control" reaches a dead end. The option to choose a TV brand is gone. Unlike the other two identical Ultras that I have that retained that part of the menu and never exhibited a problem. And in my case, the problem is loss of volume control and mute. Power on/off still works for the TV. I've emailed details to support.

EDIT: After changing the IR codes used by the Roku from the TV codes to the AVR codes, I successfully set up volume and mute control for an Onkyo AVR. I then changed the Roku IR codes back from the AVR codes to the TV codes, ran thru the prompts failing to control the TV and was then given the option to select a brand. Choosing RCA successfully set up the remote for the TV.

There may be another way to fix it, but that worked for me, and I can successfully get to the menu item that allows me to select a different brand now by simply answering no to prompts until the choice is presented. 

solarmagic

Jump to solution

Sylvania HGTV (can't see the model number since it's on the wall).  Roku 3800RW Streaming Stick.  Ser# YF003J009372. 

I also have a roku streaming stick in the Living Room with same issue.  I have a roku in the guest bedroom but it's the express type. It does not have volume or mic control...

iSSUE id 72-192-970

AngelStar

Jump to solution

Model:466ORW

10.0.0 Version build 4195-46

Phillips TV unknown model

Issue ID: 19-192-983

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Nothing corrects the problem with volume control 

Ryanish

Jump to solution

My system just updated today 05/14/21 and now my volume buttons do not work, it will control the power to turn the tv off/on, but not the volume. I did attempt to do the setup as instructed, however it kept telling me that my television model was not supported. 

Roku 3600X - Roku Stick

Sharp television

Issue ID: 44-192-995

0 Kudos
JBStreaming
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This is now causing enormous amounts of strife in my home. Why do you have to keep messing with things that previously worked perfectly? I'm now having to reset the remotes almost daily. I'm about to purchase apple tvs and throw the rokus in the trash. 

Hardcastle
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Model: 3810RW -Roku streaming stick+

Serial number: YH004Y762019 (C23794762019)

Software version: 10.0.0• build 4195-50

Timestamp: 2012-05-15T00:59:17Z

Issue ID 19-193-019

Sharp tv

0 Kudos
JR209
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

THIS NEW "FIX" DOES NOT WORK!

vkouplen

Jump to solution

Roku model: 466ORW

TV Model: Sony Model number KDL-52VL150

Issue ID#: 88-193-036

Only the volume control stopped working on 5/12/21 but worked perfectly fine on 5/11/21.  The power control never stopped working.

Resetting the remote to control TV did not fix the volume control issue.