Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tpatureau
Reel Rookie

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

When I first got on here, about 30 min. ago, I saw the instructions saying to reset or reprogram the remotes.  I attempted that and it didn't work.    I just tried it again and this time it worked!!!!   So, as of right now, my issue is fixed!!

0 Kudos
Gizmobreaker
Binge Watcher

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Apparently, you cannot reach technical support, directly. There has been at least one response from @danny that indicates that they know about this and "are working on it". One thing that you might try, if you can see any TVs listed, is to select one at a time until your remote works, again. My menu shows no TVs, at all, and it suddenly started working after I ignored the TV for 3 days. I have absolutely no explanation for why it is working. I have now been away from home for 5 days and am worried that when I try it, this evening, it will be broken, once again.

0 Kudos
TheWards
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks so much Danny.  Your suggestion to set my Roku Remote again for TV controls by going to navigating to Settings > Remotes & Devices > Remotes > [select your remote] > Set up remote for TV control Set up remote for TV control resolved the issue.

0 Kudos
loriayne

Jump to solution

Hi Danny, We've lost ability to use the volume control on both of our roku remotes. I've folowed the instructions to fix with no success. Our Model No's:

3810x and 3800x

We are up to date on software. All the other remote features are working including voice command.

Thank you,

Lori

0 Kudos
Kbonacci

Jump to solution

I am having the same issues. On both of my rokus. Mine just happened recently, but it looks like others have happened weeks ago. They still haven't figured this out?

Model 4660X-roku ultra

Serial number: YJ0041207707 (ck 489-420-7707)

Software version: 10.0.0 build 4195-46

Timestamp calling 2021-05-14 t22: 17: 38z

Issue ID. 07-192-857

0 Kudos
McParty
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ok, re adding the remote in settings didn't work BUT adding a new device DID WORK.  

One TV the volume would keep going if you pressed up...it would keep going all the way up. Down, it would go all the way down.

The other TV it wouldn't work the volume at all.

Please give this a try. One TV was a Samsung the other a Sony.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

All info is above. Volume worked before last update. Went through 50 tv codes and got nadaAll info is above. Volume worked before last update. Went through 50 tv codes and got nada

0 Kudos
Davamdean

Jump to solution

TV Philups model 65PFL5604/F7

Roku ultra 4670x

Ser. Number YJ00FX779256(KW999F779256)

Version 10.0.0 build 4195-46

ID 56-192-932

0 Kudos
jentodd76

Jump to solution

Remote lost volume. Did the set up again, it still does not work. Issue ID is 21-192-942

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

My Vizio is no longer recognized

0 Kudos