Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Model: 4670-RW  Ultra

Software ver.:  10.0.0  Build 4195-46

TV: Sharp LC32LE5514    Not using an audio reciever or amp. TV audio output only.

Issue ID:  12-192-535

0 Kudos
Kleacock11
Channel Surfer

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I was able to get it work but had to add a new remote to get it done

PaulaW

Jump to solution

ID 37-192-590

Model 3810x

0 Kudos
PaulaW

Jump to solution

Model 3810z

Serial number yhoo4r151937

ID 37-192-590

0 Kudos
Liza3
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I got this idea from a previous post and it worked.  

In Settings go to Remotes and devices

Choose Set up a new device and follow the instructions.

If you can't pair your remote.  Open the battery compartment and press the button.  You should get a green light. 

Hope it works.

Bev721

Jump to solution

Yesterday evening, 3 roku remotes on 2 tv’s either stopped working completely or lost the volume/mute control.  Here is the requested information:

1.  Issue ID:  41-192-575

TV:  Samsung UN32EH5300FXZA

The remote lost volume/mute control

2.  Issue ID:  29-192-565

TV:  LG  47LW5600 

This remote lost control of the volume/mute

3.  Same TV, Different Remote:

Issue ID:  29-192-569

TV:  LG   47LW5600

This remote lost all control of the TV

4.  Issue ID:  88-192-580

TV: Sony KDL-37L53000

This remote is still working; but I expect it to break down at any time.

5.  Sometime between 3/28 and 4/3/2021, 2 remotes to 1 television in our vacation home lost volume/mute control.  I have no issue ID’s for these 2 roku remotes.  1 roku remote to a second Samsung TV also lost all power.

TV:  Both are manufactured by Samsung.

As you can see, almost all of my Roku remotes have quit working.  Please find a solution (other than me purchasing new Roku remotes) for my family and me.  This is very irritating!

Beverly

lon
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Link I used. Roku should have made this the first item for people to see.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes-Accessories/Did-your-Roku-remote-lose-volume-and-TV-control-af...

0 Kudos
Curtislav
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

None of these steps work for me on two Roku Ultras. It has been about a month, I have called out @RokuDanny-R and he doesn't reply to me. I tried to call Roku, but the message says they only support billing and setup. Has anyone else contacted Roku any other way? They clearly ignore all of these posts. This is so disappointing of Roku; I was a huge fan before this. I have ordered a Nvidia Sheild.

LogonFire
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had this issue. I went to the remote setup and the steps of playing and muting the music a couple of timed and the volume function was restored. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
bkreuznach
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I lost volume control on three Roku remotes (three TV's). Two other TV's continue to work but don't utilize Roku remote for "volume" control. 

TV's involved: Two Samsung's and one Sony.

Remotes: Voice control.

I did try the "...set your Roku Remote again..."

Frank G.

0 Kudos