Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a 4670rw - Roku Ulto

Issue ID 05-191-610

My TV is a philips 29pfl4908

0 Kudos
Gamytorres

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

ID: Xj-191-606

0 Kudos
alokjha007

Jump to solution

Roku remote volume button not working but power button worksRoku remote volume button not working but power button works

@RokuDanny-R wrote:
Hello Roku Community members!

We are aware that a subset of users may have lost TV power and volume  functions on their remote after the latest OS 10.0 update. Some customers impacted have the following remotes:
  • Voice Remote
  • Enhanced Voice Remote
Please be aware that we are still investigating the root cause for why this happened.

In the meantime, please set your Roku Remote again for TV controls. Navigate to Settings > Remotes & Devices > Remotes > [select your remote] > Set up remote for TV control. For more information about this setup process, visit our FAQ here: https://support.roku.com/article/115013019828.

If you're still running into an issue, and this function worked before the latest update, please respond to this thread with the following information:
  • Your Roku device model
  • TV make/model and AVR make/model (if applicable)
  • Issue ID (Attempt the instructions above to Set up your remote for TV Control. If your remote is still not controlling your TV power and volume, then please obtain an Issue ID. To generate an Issue ID, on your remote, press Home 5x then Back 5x (next to Home) in quick succession, and you'll see an Issue ID pop up on your screen. Let us know what that Issue ID is here).
Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to look further into.

Thanks,
Danny

0 Kudos
willwrite4beer
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Volume doesn't work any longer.

TV: Sharp LC-50LB481U

ROKU: Roku Ultra 4660X2

ID: 10-191-647

Curtislav
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R  You have posted this three times. It is has been about a month! What is going on?!?!?!? Push a fix or roll back the software! You have broken remotes globally, and it is looking like Roku really doesn't care. I am shopping for something else. 

teemullet
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I paired my remote as if it were a brand new remote- that worked for me.

settings....remotes & devices...set up a new device....remote....then pair....

0 Kudos
JR209
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

MODEL 4660X ROKU ULTRA

SONY BRAVIA

SOFTWARE 10.0.0 BUILD 4195-46

ISSUE ID 54-191-660

VOLUME STOPPED WORKING

PLEASE ROLL BACK THIS UPDATE!

Genajeff

Jump to solution

Model: 4660X-roku ultra

serial number: YJ0009905516 (CK3920905516)

software version: 10.0.0 build 4195-46

timestamp:2021-05-14T02:27:24Z

ISSUE ID: 16-191-667

0 Kudos
Kitchenski

Jump to solution

Hi. Same exact issue as others. Updated today to 10.0.0… lost cooling and power control to turn off the TV. 

• Your Roku device model: 4660RW - Roku Ultra
  • TV make/model: LG Flatscreen
  • Issue ID: 05-191-676
0 Kudos
TimJB

Jump to solution

Try pairing the remote again:

Settings>Remotes & Devices>
Remotes>Set up a new device

Click “>” arrow again. It will take you to a screen that gives instructions on how to pair the remote.

0 Kudos