Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timj361

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Hello.  I have a Roku 4660X - Roku Ultra.  The issue ID number is 71-191-276.  My TV is a Visio M422i-B1. The voice remote that I received with the Ultra stopped controlling the volume.  I tried all of the steps with this remote, as well....turning everything off, disconnecting power, disconnecting HDMI cord, trying to reprogram it to control TV volume through the settings menu....still not working.  Volume controls have worked fine until the last UPDATE to 10.0.0 Build 4195 All other remote functions are working but a little sluggish now..  Please FIX this fast or roll me/us back to the pre update software!

0 Kudos
Ladi468
Reel Rookie

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I just retried the remote set up and it finally worked, now I need to go check my other tv! Ughh what a pita!

Ccarm74

Jump to solution

So weird, I’ve tried the set up tv controls many times and I can’t even hear the music. I hit no and it says try again or cancel remote set up. I hit try again, and the same thing, no music. I have no clue what to do. I never get the option to pick a tv brand. 

Jump to solution

Mine stopped working after I installed new batteries. It must have coincidentally been when the new software update was made. I thought I was replying to a post by a Roku employee, who asked for an issue ID in order to attempt to resolve the problem.

Jump to solution

Model: 4660X - Roku Ultra

Serial number: YJ009F019885 (CK3969019885)

Software version: 10.0.0 • build 4195-46

Timestamp: 2021-05-13T20:37:24Z

Please use issue ID 85-191-317 to report the current issue.

TV is a Philips 135

0 Kudos
CIverson
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks - my path reads:

Settings>Remotes & Devices>Remotes>Voice Remote (in use) - at this point music plays and I then question "Is Music playing - Yes or No.  I continue hearing the music through 10 options, music never stops.

After 10 options, message reads "Samsung TV will not work with Roku remote."

ChasTom
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku model 4660X - Roku Ultra s/n YJ00DT273151 (CK487D273151)

Sony TV model KDL-40W5100 s/n 80 18529

Issue ID 51-191-350

Problem:  Both remotes linked to this system have lost volume control.  Control cable (HDMI) has been reseated.  Power recycled to tv and roku.  Remote setup performed twice.  Power on/off does control the tv, but still no volume control. 

0 Kudos
normalee35757
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

None of fixes have helped

Issue ID:  76-191-382

Model:  4670X - Roku Ultra

Serial Number:  YJ000T534976 (KW9990534976)

Software aversion: 10.0.0 build 4195-46

Timestamp: 2021-05-13T21:22:02Z

Issue ID:  76-191-38

Phillips TV

Model:  55PFL5505D/F7

0 Kudos
Gizmobreaker
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Mine was the first message on this thread. Here's what worked - doing nothing. I left the remote alone for 3 days and now it works. I have left it alone, again, since Sunday (it's Thursday evening, now). I will try it, again, tomorrow. It never did show any TVs in the selection menu.

Go figure.

Jump to solution

Thank you Danny. I thought I would have to buy a new remote. It was fate.

0 Kudos