Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JackMCO
Reel Rookie

Remote volume control not working.

Jump to solution

I went under setting a set the remote to control the TV. It worked.

0 Kudos

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Hello 

Samsung

Model 4670X - Roku Ultra

Issue ID 25-191-183

LG

Model 3921RW - Roku Premiere

Issue ID 61-191-181

0 Kudos
j9brns

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Model 3810x Roku Streaming stick

Serial #nYHOOEW564110

Software version 10.0.0 build 4195-50

issue id 10-191-191

0 Kudos
flgirl004
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had the same problem pop up recently. I went to 'set up remote for TV control' in the ROKU home menu settings.  It will take you through a test, once it fails and says your tv isn't compatible it had a 'try again' button and that let me select my TV and another test and it eventually gave me control back for the volume. yay!

flgirl004
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It fails, and then click 'try again'. I had to do it twice.

0 Kudos
keithtb

Jump to solution

Model: 4670X Roku Ultra

Serial number: YJ00GF246075

Software version: 10.0.0 - build 4195-46

Timestamp: 2021-05-13T19:13:02Z

Issue ID 75-191-233

TV:  Philips 40PFL7705DV/F7

0 Kudos
MC7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@flgirl004 wrote:

I had the same problem pop up recently. I went to 'set up remote for TV control' in the ROKU home menu settings.  It will take you through a test, once it fails and says your tv isn't compatible it had a 'try again' button and that let me select my TV and another test and it eventually gave me control back for the volume. yay!

This works! I didn't see the "try again" option at first after failing 50 times on the other codes that didn't work, and wouldn't think selecting that would let me pick my TV brand. Thanks so much for taking the time to post your fix. In 10 pages of replies no one had listed these specific steps to reach this menu of manual TV brand selection. In my case, I needed to specify the Insignia brand, it previously had locked onto Samsung. Within two codes it worked and I can now control up down volume and mute! You have solved the great Roku Remote v10 Upgrade Mystery of 2021.

Thanks again!

flgirl004
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You're welcome 🙂

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Model 4660X

Serial #: YJ00FY19653

(CK485F196536)

Software Version:  10.0.0

Build 4195-46

Timestamp:  2021-05-13T19.46.27Z

Issue ID:  36-191-266

0 Kudos
Ccarm74

Jump to solution

I have a ROKU ultra LT. I have a Westinghouse TV UW46T7HW. My volume and power on and off was working fine but it looks like there was an update early this morning. I could not get the roku to give me an issue ID. 

0 Kudos