Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Damaged remote

Our dog damaged the remote, a little. Roku doesn’t stay on now turns off on its own. We can’t turn it off if we want to, how do I know what one to replace it with, I’m just assuming I need a new one. Or should I just get a new dog?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Damaged remote

In order to help with remote selection, we need to know what Roku model you have.  Report the Roku model and model number found via Settings > System > About (f you can) and someone will be able to guide you from there.

If your remote doesn't work well enough to do this, tell us whatever you can about what model you have and its age, whether it is a Roku stick that has an HDMI plug that connects directly to the tv (and the Roku's color) or instead is a small box that connects to the TV via HDMI cable.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Damaged remote

@SoccerSherrie 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that your case is not the first we've heard about how much dogs love our Roku remotes! As @makaiguy mentioned, we would need the model number of your Roku device so we can recommend you the appropriate remote replacement.

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos