Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davidb316
Channel Surfer

Cursor wont stop!

Jump to solution

A few days ago my express started going haywire. I press a button to move the cursor and it doesn't stop scrolling. 

i have tried two different remotes and the ios app. Everything worked fine for a few weeks then this just happened. 

I have looked for solutions and responded to agent emails but have gotten no solutions. I am now frustrated and angry!  This is my first roku product and looks like it will be my last!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Davidb316
Channel Surfer

Re: Cursor wont stop!

Jump to solution

Repositioning my box solved this!  Seems a stray ir signal is now coming through my window!?  idk, but the cursor has stopped. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Davidb316
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Repositioning my box solved this!  Seems a stray ir signal is now coming through my window!?  idk, but the cursor has stopped. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Was going to ask if maybe a button was stuck on one of the remotes.  Take out batteries and only use app to see if that resolved issue. (which would point to a remote problem).  Then narrow down which remote has the issue.  By having batteries in a remote having problems, it would just override/conflict with any other remote or app trying to control device.

May not be the problem with yours since repositioning seems to have fixed your issue.  Good to hear you got it resolved.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Davidb316
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for your suggestions. It was strange and im still pondering what changed in the neighborhood, lol 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Sunlight contains infrared light, and the wavelengths on which IR remotes operate will pass through glass. Perhaps it's a perfect storm of natural events. Or a sign of the Apocalypse. 

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Davidb316
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

LOL

0 Kudos