Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shortcut
Level 7

Create a favorite station button for quick access to a specific station

Jump to solution

How to: Create a favorite station button for quick access to a specific station. Or maybe remove one of the quick access buttons on the front (Eg. Netficks, Hulu, etc) and replace it with a TV station? My mother is 82 and she can't find her favorite network- because of all the steps involved. Is there an easier way?

[post moved to appropriate board]

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Create a favorite station button for quick access to a specific station

Jump to solution

@Shortcut Thanks for the note. This type of feature for physical remotes is only currently available on the Roku Enhanced Voice Remote being sold with our current Roku Ultra (model 4670). This remote offers (2) personal voice shortcut buttons that can be programmed with any supported Roku voice command, including launching a specific streaming channel/service.

Alternately, you can use the voice button on any Roku remote that offers voice command functionality (microphone icon button) to launch a specific channel. e.g. "Launch Hulu"

You can also use the free Roku mobile app to select a channel and launch it on your Roku device, or use voice search from within the mobile app to launch a channel. (e.g. Launch The Roku Channel"

Check out more about these features here: 

Using Roku Voice Commands 

https://support.roku.com/article/208756908-how-do-i-use-my-voice-to-search-and-control-my-roku-devic...

What do I need to use voice commands with my Roku device? 

https://support.roku.com/article/360010940514-what-do-i-need-to-use-voice-commands-with-my-roku-stre...

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@Shortcut Thanks for the note. This type of feature for physical remotes is only currently available on the Roku Enhanced Voice Remote being sold with our current Roku Ultra (model 4670). This remote offers (2) personal voice shortcut buttons that can be programmed with any supported Roku voice command, including launching a specific streaming channel/service.

Alternately, you can use the voice button on any Roku remote that offers voice command functionality (microphone icon button) to launch a specific channel. e.g. "Launch Hulu"

You can also use the free Roku mobile app to select a channel and launch it on your Roku device, or use voice search from within the mobile app to launch a channel. (e.g. Launch The Roku Channel"

Check out more about these features here: 

Using Roku Voice Commands 

https://support.roku.com/article/208756908-how-do-i-use-my-voice-to-search-and-control-my-roku-devic...

What do I need to use voice commands with my Roku device? 

https://support.roku.com/article/360010940514-what-do-i-need-to-use-voice-commands-with-my-roku-stre...

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
TexasNewfy
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you Tanner - but what are the specific instructions to setup a personal shortcut button? I have the Roku Ultra and nowhere can I find instructions on how to program the button. I have read your links above and they only talk about voice control. I appreciate any reply.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to program Roku remote personal shortcut buttons

Jump to solution

@TexasNewfy Thanks for the question! 

In order to program your Roku Enhanced Voice Remote's personal shortcut buttons, use the following steps: 

1. Press and hold the voice search key on your remote, and speak a supported voice command. (Such as, "Launch The Roku Channel.")

2. Once the voice search action is taken, press and hold the desired numbered personal shortcut button on your remote until you hear a single beep from the remote's internal speaker. 

3. Once you hear the confirmation beep, the personal voice shortcut should be programmed and function accordingly. 

Hope that helps! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
Highlighted
TexasNewfy
Level 7

Re: How to program Roku remote personal shortcut buttons

Jump to solution

Excellent Tanner! This is exactly what I needed. It works great.

Thank you for the quick reply.

0 Kudos