Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Converting Samsung TV to Roku after the purchase of 2 additional Roku tv sets

I purchased two (2) TLC Roku tv sets. I love them so much I now wish to convert my Samsung regular tv (hooked up to cable tv) to Roku. My intent is to get rid of cable tv altogether. The Samsung TV is a smart Tv with HDMI. What do I need to purchase in order to convert the Samsung to Roku? Will it have the same screen that my Roku tv sets have.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Converting Samsung TV to Roku after the purchase of 2 additional Roku tv sets

You can't just switch the Samsung Smart TV User Interface(UI) to become a Roku UI. The Samsung UI will ALWAYS be there, you make your way to HDMI that you have Roku console or stick plugged into, then you'll see the familiar Roku UI. See if you can set your tv so it tunes to particular hdmi once its powered up, then you might not need to see the Samsung UI ever. If the Samsung is 4k, get a 4k roku, if its just HD, save some money and get only HD roku like an Express.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Converting Samsung TV to Roku after the purchase of 2 additional Roku tv sets

My Samsung sets will power up on the last input used, so if it's the Blu Ray player, Shield or Roku, that's what is connected when I power the TV on. As mentioned, get yourself any Roku player and connect it to a spare HDMI jack on the TV. Instant Roku TV. Smiley Very Happy

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos