Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VFK
Reel Rookie

Controlling Roku Premiere with LG magic remote

Jump to solution

Looking for guidance on how to control Roku Premiere with the LG magic remote. There's no Spectrum TV app for WebOS, at least not yet, and I use Roku to stream live TV using the Spectrum app for Roku. The LG magic remote is configured to control Roku and works well enough in the Roku home screen: I can navigate the menus, change Roku settings, and launch apps. It doesn't seem to have the "option" feature, but it's not used frequently, so I can live with it. But I can't figure out how to return to the Roku home screen from a running Spectrum app. The "home" button on the remote launches the LG TV home screen. Any ideas from others who solved this issue?

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VFK
Reel Rookie

Re: Controlling Roku Premiere with LG magic remote

Jump to solution

I think I found the solution. It's not intuitive, but works. The Roku home button, along with the playback functions become available on the screen when the AD/SAP key is pressed on the remote (it's marked with three dots). The only Roku key that still appears to be missing is the Option (*). But I can live without it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
VFK
Reel Rookie

Re: Controlling Roku Premiere with LG magic remote

Jump to solution

I think I found the solution. It's not intuitive, but works. The Roku home button, along with the playback functions become available on the screen when the AD/SAP key is pressed on the remote (it's marked with three dots). The only Roku key that still appears to be missing is the Option (*). But I can live without it.