Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlueFox
Level 7

Control Sony Soundbar (HT-CT770) volume with remote?

I have a new Roku Ultra for my projection TV setup, but cannot get the remote to control on/off or volume. This is probably because of my particular setup: the HDMI from Roku goes to a Sony Soundbar (HT-CT770) along with other inputs (BluRay) and device switching is done through the soundbar remote. An HDMI from the soundbar is connected to the projector (Epson "Powerlite Home Cinema 3000"), which is on other side of room, ceiling mounted. So on/off is controlled by the Epson remote, which is OK as is, but it would be nice to have the Roku remote control the volume of the soundbar, which I managed to do when I had a cable TV remote. So can the Roku be programmed to control the Sony soundbar volume? Thanks

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Control Sony Soundbar (HT-CT770) volume with remote?

Sorry, but no. Only TV's via IR. It maybe able to control it via hdmi-cec, but not directly.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos