Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Constant “Find remote” message

New Roku Ultra keeps popping up a message that says “The ‘Find remote’ feature cannot be used without a paired remote.” This happens many times a day with no action on my part. Just watching TV and, bam, signal switches back to Roku and that message is onscreen. 

I do not use the Roku remote at all. I did pair it in an attempt to get rid of the message, but then removed the batteries and put it back in the box.

it is tremendously irritating to get interrupted so often by this thing.  How can I shut it off or make it stop? 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 21

Re: Constant “Find remote” message

Is there something on top of the Ultra that could be pressing the remote finder button?  Is the button stuck?  Try pressing it several times to try to dislodge it.

0 Kudos
Level 7

No... nothing is interfering with the button and it does not seem stuck. 

0 Kudos
Level 20

I have new 2020 ultra, but no longer have the original remote paired with it, instead just a regular voice remote which doesn't have the finder feature built-in to it and not getting any warnings because can't communicate with the ultra remote. 

Try putting in the batteries into the ultra remote, go into settings> remote & devices> remote in use> scroll to forget remote>

Edmund
0 Kudos
Level 7

There is no “Forget remote” option. Only “Find remote” and some sound options. 

I have discovered that simply moving/lifting the Roku causes it it launch the “Find remote” feature. At this point I think it’s a faulty base unit. 

UPDATE: Working with Roku support... double-checked all connections (even tried a different HDMI cable), and did a factory reset. Still having the issue when merely touching the base unit and at seemingly random times while watching TV (maybe subwoofer is enough to move it?). At this point I’m asking for a replacement. 

0 Kudos