Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Acollins

Connecting DVD player to Roku TV remote?

Jump to solution

Can I connect my DVD player up to my Onn ROKU tv remote? I can’t find my dvd payer remote and it would be easier to be able to use the ROKU remote to control the DVD player. If so, how do I do it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Connecting DVD player

Jump to solution

Sorry but no. The roku remotes only control the roku. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Sorry but no. The roku remotes only control the roku. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
berhanu1

Jump to solution

Go to settings, select TV Inputs, choose Antenna/Live TV, then 'remove antenna/live tv'.  
Then turn on the connected DVD player (I put a dvd in and pressed play just in case).  
Then go to Settings - Inputs - Add Antenna/Live TV - Scan for channels - it will ask if you need channels 3 &4 - Say Yes.  Then it takes a while to get through the channels - "Finding Channels".  
Go to Settings again - TV Inputs - AV should now be one of the choices - I cannot remember what I chose next - may have been "Add" or "Show Input" - something positive.
Then go to the HOME screen - then you should see "AV" as one of the tiles.  Selecting it should show the DVD playing.

0 Kudos

Re: Connecting DVD player to Roku TV remote?

Jump to solution

Why do I have to disable my live tv to have my roku remote work with my DVD player 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Connecting DVD player to Roku TV remote?

Jump to solution

@Psychoariklover

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that Roku remotes will only be able to control Roku devices and TV power and volume with select remotes.

Roku remotes do not support control for your DVD player.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
katesisco
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Well, I was frustrated about no sound but accidentally used the ROKU remote and VIOLA!  sound!   I can turn it up and down and mute but not freeze or fast forward or back.  Still, better than nothing. Have no idea of settings.  Is Samsung dvd and JVC Roku tv.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Didn't work. I have the HDMI cable hooked up, DVD player plugged in, did what you said. Doesn't work on channels 3 or 4

0 Kudos