Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venkatareddy
Level 7

Connect Roku Remote to Roku Tv

Hi,

Unable to connect Roku remote to Roku Tv. I followed common steps that makes connection but it is not work for me. 

Followed these steps :
1.Try restarting your Roku device and remote

• Open the battery compartment and remove the batteries from the remote.

• Remove the power cable from the Roku device, wait 5 seconds and then re-connect the power cable.

• When the Roku device displays the home screen, reinsert the batteries.

• Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your Roku device.

2.Try re-pairing the remote

• Open the battery compartment and remove the batteries from the remote.

• Remove the power cable from the Roku device, wait 5 seconds and then re-connect the power cable.

• When the Roku device displays the home screen, reinsert the batteries.

• Press and hold the pairing button inside the remote for 3 seconds or until you see the pairing light in the remote begin to flash. If the light does not flash, try again. If the light still does not flash, then you will need to replace your batteries (see below).

• Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your Roku device.

• The remote pairing dialog should appear on your TV screen.

3.Try replacing the batteries

• Open the battery compartment and remove the old batteries from the remote.

• When the Roku device displays the first screen, insert new batteries.

• The remote pairing dialog should appear on your TV screen.

Kindly update what needs to do for connection Roku remote to Roku Tv.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
joetesta
Level 10

Re: Connect Roku Remote to Roku Tv

Probably a dumb question, but is the remote you're trying to connect the one that came with the TV?
There are lots of different Roku remotes out there and they don't all work with all Roku devices.
Assuming it is the one that came with the TV, you might have to return it for defectivity?
aspiring
0 Kudos
venkatareddy
Level 7

"joetesta" wrote:
Probably a dumb question, but is the remote you're trying to connect the one that came with the TV?
There are lots of different Roku remotes out there and they don't all work with all Roku devices.
Assuming it is the one that came with the TV, you might have to return it for defectivity?

Hi Mr.joetesta 
The remote which i tried one which came along with ROKU TV. Thanks for your response.
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Which Roku TV model?

At this time, only the 4K Roku TVs have support for RF remotes; the 720p and 1080p models only support IR remotes.  For the 4K TVs, try unplugging them, then attempt a pairing with the remote right after the TV boots to the home screen.
0 Kudos
venkatareddy
Level 7

"RokuBen" wrote:
Which Roku TV model?

At this time, only the 4K Roku TVs have support for RF remotes; the 720p and 1080p models only support IR remotes.  For the 4K TVs, try unplugging them, then attempt a pairing with the remote right after the TV boots to the home screen.

Hi ,
Roku Tv model is 4K Ultra HD with 1080p HD. I tried the same for more times but it is not pairing. May i know any other source to connect.
Thank you RokuBen.
0 Kudos
joetesta
Level 10

Hi Venkatareddy - 
IF you are stuck with a TV you can't use, and don't want to ship back the whole TV, I can suggest a workaround is to purchase a separate Roku IR remote, which I believe should work with any Roku device including your TV.  Perhaps Ben can confirm whether this is a viable alternative for you.
best,
Joe
aspiring
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

"joetesta" wrote:
Hi Venkatareddy - 
IF you are stuck with a TV you can't use, and don't want to ship back the whole TV, I can suggest a workaround is to purchase a separate Roku IR remote, which I believe should work with any Roku device including your TV.  Perhaps Ben can confirm whether this is a viable alternative for you.
best,
Joe

The Roku TV remote is not like other Roku remotes, because it has TV function buttons as well as Roku buttons.. Getting a plain IR remote would only serve half the purpose.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

The only button difference I can think of on a Roku TV remote is the mute button. A generic remote should be able to map that function. I can't think of any other button specific to the TV. Volume buttons, sure, but again the generic remote should be able to handle that.
Unless there are different versions of Roku TV remotes for the bigger, fancier boxes than my 720p 24" Insignia.  8-)
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

The Roku TV remote also has a power button in addition to the mute button.  A generic IR remote will work with Roku TVs -- there's a code set usually mapped for Insignia that any Roku TV (except for some Sharp models) should recognize.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Oh yeah, forgot about the power button.  Smiley Surprisedops:
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos