Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AJCalhoun
Level 7

Confused regarding correct replacement remote with headphone jack

Jump to solution

Hi, I need a replacement remote for my Roku Premier + model 4630X.  The most important consideration for me is that the remote must have a headphone jack.  When I review your Player Accessories / Remotes page, the only item that I see with a headphone jack is the unit that costs $29.99, but the description doesn't indicate compatibility with my 4630X.  Can you please tell me which remote will work for me so that I can order it?  Also, are there any Roku remotes that might support Bluetooth for private listening?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Confused regarding correct replacement remote with headphone jack

Jump to solution

You have choice of the Enhanced voice remote which on backorder until into Feburary. Or the Gaming remote which also $29.99 and has headphone jack. But no tv IR like the Enhanced voice remote does. No the are no bluetooth remotes available. And wouldn't work anyways. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

You have choice of the Enhanced voice remote which on backorder until into Feburary. Or the Gaming remote which also $29.99 and has headphone jack. But no tv IR like the Enhanced voice remote does. No the are no bluetooth remotes available. And wouldn't work anyways. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
AJCalhoun
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you, but the Enhanced Voice Remote product description indicates compatibility with:

Roku 4, Roku Ultra LT, Roku Ultra (model 4670, 4800), Roku Smart Soundbar, Roku TV (model series 6000X, 7000X, C000X, 8000X, A000X).

The Gaming Remote product description indicates compatibility with:

Roku 2 (Only model 4210), Roku 3.

Neither item indicates compatibility with my Roku Premier + model 4630X.  Are you certain that both remotes would work with my Roku model?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 21

Jump to solution
Another option you might consider is using the Roku app on a cell phone or tablet connected to your home network. You can use this as an additional remote for controlling your Roku, and it also provides remote listening through the phone's speaker or connected earphones.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
AJCalhoun
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks Makaiguy, that's an interesting suggestion, I will check it out. But I would like to know for sure if the Enhanced Voice Remote with headphone jack listed at $29.99 on Roku's website will be fully compatible with my Roku Premier + model 4630X. I would hate to order this remote only to have to return it if it isn't compatible.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Yes, it will work. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
AJCalhoun
Level 7

Jump to solution

OK, thanks!

0 Kudos