Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
winston3338
Roku Guru

Re: Roku remotes with channel numbers?

I've had their Onn Roku 32 inch tv for 3 weeks and it's going back to Walmart this week. Its a great tv, but not worth all the problems

It's been amazing to watch  Roku stumble along building and releasing their subpare creations. Having been born in the 50's, we were trained not to leave things plugged in or on when we're not using them.

Most of us dinosours have Rokus in a drawer because Roku didnt even try to add some type of shut off to them so they stay in a drawer. They run so warm they are toast after 3 years anyway. I hear Roku hide a shut off in the settings of their newest Rokus. 

Now Roku has the most beautiful line up of programming I've ever seen. They added about 150+ channels and they pair them together with  digital tuners that won't accept/change channels by numbers and their kid remotes seem to work 50 percent of the time. Their are hundreds of posts from people (like me) willing to pay for the remotes and Onn makes programble remotes. Roku and Onn are the blind leading the blind and Walmart is asleep at the wheel. 

**bleep**! I just bought 2 roku tvs so that I wouldn't have to use the sticks anymore. I had no idea about these stupid remotes without numbers. Are the makers of these tv  remotes insane??? These remotes are geared to roku usage while the live tv seems to be an afterthought.
Is there any remote, such as a universal, that I could buy that would work with the live tv part?

Lan2
Reel Rookie

You can use any universal remote you want to control the TV, but it won't change the OTA channel.  It is so stupid that I can enter the channel numbers and see them appear on screen but when I press OK or Enter nothing happens. 

Sorry.

I have a nice big universal remote so I can control DVD, sound bar and TV and it has the volume controls on the front where they belong, next to the navigation buttons.  I was always unintentionally changing the volume on the TCL/Roku remote.

I love my TVs except for this one very annoying fault.  I just cannot believe that Roku has decided that consumers are not worth listening to -- and I have no interest in talking to a remote, much less having an open mic in my living room!

Corr6do
Reel Rookie

Yes it works, I use the Roku IPHONE app and it allows me to type in the channel number (while watching the live channels) and it switches right over to the channel number I typed 🤷🏻‍♂️

Corr6do
Reel Rookie

Definitely works…I use the Roku IPHONE app and it allows me to type in the channel number (while watching the live channels) and it switches right over to the channel number I typed 🤷🏻‍♂️

winston3338
Roku Guru

Re: Roku remotes with channel numbers? Alternative Rapid Paging Method.

For the person who cant load the tv guide...

I'm not sure if this will help but if you click on the home screen, then click on the Roku channel. Then click on the Live TV Channel Guide shortcut and it will open to the live TV guide. 

Also, if you open the guide (Left Volume arrow) and click left to highlite the channel box. Then click the star button on the remote and scroll to filter and click on recent or all channels and that will bring your guide back. 

0 Kudos
walstien

Changing TV Stations with Roku Remote? Where do I enter the number!?

Setting up my Roku, I enjoy all of the expanded chanels it has when using Antenna TV,  Using the remote and even the downloaded remote on my phone, I can't find the keypad to change from on television channel to another.  What if I want to go from channel 5.1 to 231?  How do I enter 231, like a standard remote?  As of now, I have to pull up the guide and scroll up to 231.  That can't be the only way, right?  Thank you!

Sam65

Having no numbers on the Roku remote seems to me to be a leap backwards in technology.

uncletvdad
Reel Rookie

Please Roku let us change channels with numbers

spatollo

nope, this does not work in iPhone app.   I enter number, hit enter and nothing .... Roku needs a simple software update to make this happen.