Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msrebel
Level 7

Certain buttons not working on remote

I got a new roku stick+ (usb) and am trying to set it up on a smart tv (This is my second roku, so I'm familiar with everything). When I start set up, it begins the process normally and goes to the select language page. I am able to auto-pair the remote without problems and most of the buttons will work because I can hear the sound it makes when you press them, however, the ok button/right arrow button, and one or two other buttons do not appear to work. I have tried all forms of troubleshooting including re-pairing manually, restarting, batteries, using extender adapter and no extender adapter, etc. The only thing I have not tried is tearing the remote apart, but I don't want to damage it to where it's unusable.  I can not proceed with setup until I can resolve this issue, any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Certain buttons not working on remote

@msrebel 

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
dakibola
Level 7

I’m having the same issues where for my remote the center button to select an item is not working. Can anyone assist with this?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@dakibola 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you are having issues with your remote buttons, please see my previous post. I will be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
dakibola
Level 7

Sorry I can’t seem to find your previous post. Can you put a link?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@dakibola 

Thanks for the follow up.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
dakibola
Level 7

I’ve sent you the info you requested. Thanks

0 Kudos
DmcD
Level 7

@RokuDanny-R I have had the same problem with my remote. I thought it was because of its age. had the stick since 2016 and the down arrow button is no longer working. I have recently moved home and am now unable to connect to new wifi because of not being able to use the down cursor on the remote. I realise I need a new one but am unable to find an official 'Roku' remote online (i'm in the UK). Do you recommend 'compatible' remotes?

kr

Debbie.

0 Kudos