Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raiden
Level 7

Cant use new remote with roku Tv

So i have this Roku Tv and we just moved with a new wifi and we got a new remote. the remote wont pair with the tv and the mobile remote wont work because the wifi cant be connected without the remote i have just Reset my roku tv to see if that would help repair my remote but it still wont work if anyone has any fix please tell me

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Cant use roku Tv

I don't believe the Roku TV remotes need to be paired. Both of mine are IR only. Make sure you have line of sight with the TV when using the remote. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
blade_005
Level 11

"atc98092" wrote:
I don't believe the Roku TV remotes need to be paired. Both of mine are IR only. Make sure you have line of sight with the TV when using the remote. 

It depends on the brand of Roku TV. TCL sells Roku TV's through Best Buy that support IR line of sight remote only. Same TCL Roku TV on Amazon for a slightly higher price comes with a WiFi remote. Same exact TV's, just different remote.
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

"blade_005" wrote:
"atc98092" wrote:

It depends on the brand of Roku TV. TCL sells Roku TV's through Best Buy that support IR line of sight remote only. Same TCL Roku TV on Amazon for a slightly higher price comes with a WiFi remote. Same exact TV's, just different remote.

Interesting. I wonder if the Amazon page is accurate. My Insignia (small 720) and Sharp (4K) Roku TVs are both IR control. Unfortunately, the Wiki page for Roku doesn't discuss the hardware for Roku TVs, only the stand alone players. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos